Article 1 (Application of Terms)
Article 2 (Contents of Service)
Zenis will, through the Service, provide Members the ability: to post their information, to exchange messages between corporate members and individual members or between corporate members; to enable Members to access information disclosed by other Members; to introduce academic research institutes with the highest academic standards and technological capabilities in Japan to students and researchers outside Japan; to promote collaboration between such academic institutes and domestic and overseas corporations; and to introduce products researched and developed by such academic institutes and highly reputable Japanese corporations. Zenis reserves the right to change, discontinue entire or partial use of, or abolish the Service without prior notice to Members.
Article 3 (Members)
1. An "individual member" refers to an individual who is a student or a researcher, or who belongs to a corporation within or outside of Japan, who has submitted an application to Zenis to use the Service through the Membership Registration Application section of this website, and has been accepted by Zenis after Zenis conducts the appropriate screening procedures.
2. A "corporate member" refers to a university, research institute, corporation or such other legal entity or group within or outside of Japan, who submitted an application to Zenis to use the Service through the Membership Registration Application section of this website, and has been accepted by Zenis after Zenis conducts the appropriate screening procedures.
3. No Member is permitted to transfer, loan or disclose to any third party, the membership, ID or passwords issued by Zenis by which the Member is allowed to use the Service, or to permit any third party to use the Service.
Article 4 (Notice of Change and Withdrawal)
1. The Member shall promptly notify Zenis, by the method specified by Zenis, of any changes to the Member's information submitted to Zenis including name, address, telephone number, organization to which the Member belongs, and e-mail address or if the Member intends to discontinue use of the Service.
2. Zenis assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, or disadvantage to the Member resulting from the Member's failure to submit the notice described in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5 (Use and Handling of Personal Information)
1. Zenis will use the name, address, telephone number, organization to which the Member belongs, e-mail address and other personal information obtained from the Member through the use of the Service exclusively for the following purposes:
(1) To provide the Service to the Member;
(2) To improve the Service to better meet Members' needs;
(3) To provide up-to-date information concerning the Service to Members;
(4) To provide information from Zenis and corporate Members which Zenis deems useful for Members, including information concerning events, seminars and campaigns;
(5) For Zenis to contact the Member as needed; and
(6) To conduct market surveys including a survey on the status of use and the environment in which the Service and other relevant services provided by Zenis are used.
Article 6 (Temporary Suspension of Service and Disclaimer 1)
1. Zenis may temporarily suspend the Service without prior notice to Members when:
(1) Zenis conducts regular or emergency maintenance of the system or relevant equipment used to provide the Service;
(2) there is a disruption to the communication lines or power supply to Zenis's facilities or for the system used to provide the Service;
(3) legislation or regulations impose restrictions on communications, such a request or direction is issued through administrative guidance, or Zenis deems that restricting communications is necessary, due to the occurrence or possible occurrence of an earthquake, typhoon, flood, tsunami or other natural disaster or emergency; or
(4) Zenis is unable to provide the Service due to an event technically impossible to repair.
2. Zenis assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by a Member or a third party arising from any delay in or temporary suspension of provision of the Service, change to the contents of the Service, or entire or partial suspension or termination of use of the Service.
Article 7 (Disclaimer 2)
1. Zenis does not make any warranties or representations regarding the content of information provided by individual or corporate Members, or any information provided by Zenis through the Service, in terms of the information's completeness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness, usefulness or otherwise.
2. Zenis assumes no responsibility or liability for the content of information provided by individual or corporate Members, or for e-mail or other correspondence between Members.
Article 8 (Prohibited Actions)
1. Members are prohibited to engage in, or cause any third party to engage in, any of the following acts using the Service:
(1) To infringe on copyrights, moral rights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights of others;
(2) To infringe or possibly infringe on the property, privacy, reputation or the right of publicity of others;
(3) To write or transmit a computer virus or other harmful program or script;
(4) For an individual Member to falsely state his/her background, research performance, or other facts;
(5) For a corporate Member to falsely state its research performance, business performance, conditions for acceptance of students and researchers, or other facts;
(6) To make statements or use the Service for any purpose that deviates from the purpose of the Service, including commercial use or to harm the reputation of other individuals or corporations;
(7) For a Member to state or disclose information obtained by the Member through wrongful means;
(8) To violate laws and regulations or to act in a manner that is offensive to public order and morals; or
(9) To engage in such acts that are considered by Zenis inappropriate in the light of the purpose of the Service.
2. When Zenis believes that any of the events outlined in the preceding paragraph has occurred, or is likely to occur, it may delete the statement entered, suspend the use of the Service, impose restrictions, or take other necessary measures without prior notice to the Member.
Article 9 (Removal or Suspension of Membership)
Article 10 (Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights)
1. The intellectual property rights and other rights to or in all data, charts, tables, software, materials, and other items related to the Service shall belong to Zenis and/or the individuals who provided the information to Zenis.
2. By entering information on the website using the Service, the Member is deemed to have granted, without charge, to Zenis a license to use (including a license to re-use) all rights to or in the contents under the Copyright Act including, but not limited to, the right of reproduction, the right of public transmission, and the right of translation, and no Member is entitled to exercise the moral right of author under the Copyright Act in relation to such information against Zenis or a third party to whom Zenis grants a license.
Article 11 (Revision of Terms)
Article 12 (Agreement on Jurisdiction)